After taking a year off (silly me, I thought I was going to be visiting Europe for real this past year), I'm once again joining Gilion on a tour of Europe with her 2021 European Reading Challenge – where participants tour Europe through books. And have a chance to win a prize. Please join in for the Grand Tour!
WHAT COUNTS AS "EUROPE"?: We stick with the same list of 50 sovereign states that fall (at least partially) within the geographic territory of the continent of Europe and/or enjoy membership in international European organizations such as the Council of Europe. This list includes the obvious (the UK, France, Germany, and Italy), the really huge Russia, the tiny Vatican City, and the mixed bag of Baltic, Balkan, and former Soviet states.
1. Princess Elizabeth's Spy by Susan Elia MacNeal [England] (1/2/21)
2. Death of a Millionaire by G.D.H. & Margaret Cole [Russia] (1/4/21)
3. Death & the Dutch Uncle by Patricia Moyes [Netherlands] (1/18/21)
4. Murder in the Calais Coach (aka Murder on the Orient Express) by Agatha Christie [primary action takes place in Yugoslavia [present-day Croatia)] (1/30/21)
5. Dracula by Bram Stoker (graphic novel version) [Romania (Transylvanian)--1st half] (3/2/21)