SCAM artist alert

Apparently there is someone calling themself "Luigi Calloway" out there who is claiming to be associated with the Mount TBR Reading Challenge. He is contacting authors and telling them if they pay him, then their books will be used for the challenge. It's possible he's also telling people they must pay to participate in any way. Please know that there is absolutely no charge associated in any way with this reading challenge and that this person does not represent me or anything associated with my blog. There will NEVER be a reason for anyone to have to pay for participation in any way for any of my challenges. If only people who exert this much time and effort on scamming people would put it into something worthwhile....like reading their own books!

Saturday, October 23, 2021

Color Coded Challenge 2022: My Sign-Up

 


Every year I think I've used up my last title with "Brown" (or a shade of brown) for the Color Coded Reading Challenge and every year I prove myself wrong (or buy more books with suitable titles). I'll keep signing up as long as I have suitable titles (I'm determined to use titles and not covers).

Here's the basic rule: read nine books with the various colors listed below in their titles or as a dominant color/image on their covers. For full details, click the link above. I'll list my books and date read as they come.

1. Read book with "Blue" (or a shade of blue):
The Case of the Sapphire Brooch by Christopher Bush (4/30/22)

2. Read a book with "Red" (or a shade of red):
The Ruby Raven by Michael Dahl (1/19/22)

3. Read a book with "Yellow" (or a shade of yellow):
The Golden Box by Frances Crane (2/14/22)

4. Read a book with "Green" (or a shade of green):
The Green Island Mystery by Betsy Allen (1/24/22)

5. Read a book with "Brown" (or a shade of brown):
Raisins & Almonds by Kerry Greenwood (4/30/22)

6. Read a book with "Black" (or a shade of black):
Black Sun by Rebecca Roanhorse (1/8/22)

7. Read a book with "White" (or a shade of white):
The White Elephant Mystery by Ellery Queen, Jr. (6/25/22)

8. Read a book with any other color:
The Secret of the Golden Pavilion by Carolyn Keene (6/26/22)

9. Read a book a word/image that implies color (rainbow, polka dot, etc):
The Sunburned Corpse by Adam Knight [sunburned = red, to my mind] (4/4/22)


2 comments:

goldmoon said...

I'm in the color coded challenge! :-)
https://quattropassisullenuvole.blogspot.com/2022/01/color-coded-reading-challenge-2022.html

Tennille said...

Joining this challenge! Looking forward to it! (Tennille)