SCAM artist alert

Apparently there is someone calling themself "Luigi Calloway" out there who is claiming to be associated with the Mount TBR Reading Challenge. He is contacting authors and telling them if they pay him, then their books will be used for the challenge. It's possible he's also telling people they must pay to participate in any way. Please know that there is absolutely no charge associated in any way with this reading challenge and that this person does not represent me or anything associated with my blog. There will NEVER be a reason for anyone to have to pay for participation in any way for any of my challenges. If only people who exert this much time and effort on scamming people would put it into something worthwhile....like reading their own books!

Sunday, December 9, 2018

52 Books: Agatha Christie Perpetual Challenge

photo credit

I've been thinking for quite some time that I would like to reread (and read for the first time a couple that I've missed) the mysteries of Agatha Christie. This year I'm going to commit to Robin's Agatha Christie Perpetual Challenge over at 52 Books. It's a low-pressure, on-going challenge that simply asks the challenger to read three novels per year. I'm going to try to read them in chronological order. I am modifying the original challenge a bit--I will only be reading Christie's work and only mysteries. I most definitely will NOT be reading Sophie Hannah's version of Poirot and it is unlikely that I will read those by Charles Osbourne. If his novelizations of Christie's actual work are readily available to me, then I might. But I do not consider them part of my commitment for the challenge.


2019
1. The Mysterious Affair at Styles (1/18/19)
2. The Secret Adversary (1/25/19)
3. Murder on the Links  (3/9/19)
Commitment Complete! Still Reading.
4. The Man in the Brown Suit  (4/13/19)
5. Poirot Investigates  (5/12/19)
6. The Secret of Chimneys  (6/6/19)

2020
7. The Murder of Roger Ackroyd (1/9/20)
8. The Big Four (2/27/20)
9. The Mystery of the Blue Train (3/1/20)
Commitment Complete! Still Reading.
10. The Clocks [audio version--out of order] (6/12/20)
11. The Seven Dials Mystery (6/14/20) 
12. Partners in Crime (6/24/20)
13. The Mysterious Mr. Quin (7/6/20)
15. Death on the Nile [audio version--out of order] (8/25/20)
16. The ABC Murders [out of order] (8/25/20)
17. Peril at End House (11/19/20)
18. The Sittaford Mystery (11/29/20)
19. Miss Marple: The Complete Short Stories (12/3/20) [This covers The Thirteen Problems Collection--which I don't have.]
20. Thirteen at Dinner (12/18/220)
21. The Hound of Death (12/20/20)

2021
22. The Floating Admiral [Agatha Christie & the Detection Club] (1/17/21)
[list at challenge site also includes Ask a Policeman by Detection Club--but Agatha Christie did not contribute to that one, so I'm not rereading at this time.]
23. Murder in the Calais Coach [aka Murder on the Orient Express] (1/30/21)
Commitment Complete! Still Reading.
25. The Boomerang Clue [aka Why Didn't They Ask Evans?] (2/21/21)
27. Murder in 3 Acts [aka Three Act Tragedy] (3/25/21)
28. Death in the Clouds (3/21/21)
29. Murder in Mesopotamia (5/26/21)
30. Evil Under the Sun (8/10/21)
31. Funerals Are Fatal [aka After the Funeral] (8/14/21)
32. The Patriotic Murders [aka One, Two, Buckle My Shoe] (8/17/21)
33. Cards on the Table (8/22/21)
34. Dumb Witness (9/9/21)
35. The Regatta Mystery (9/13/21) 
36. Appointment with Death (12/31/21)
37. "The Incredible Theft" (12/31/21)

2022
39. Easy to Kill (1/7/22)
Commitment Complete! Still Reading 
41. Sad Cypress (2/16/22)
43. N or M? (9/24/22)
44. Five Little Pigs (9/24/22)
45. The Pale Horse (10/31/22)

2023
48. The Moving Finger (3/1/23)
49. Towards Zero (3/5/23)
Commitment Complete!
50. A Murder Is Announced (3/17/23)
51. Cat Among the Pigeons (9/16/23)
52. Nemesis (9/25/23) [out of order]

2024
53.  The Hollow [aka Murder After Hours] (2/26/24)
54. There Is a Tide [aka Taken at the Flood] (1/14/24]
56. The Mirror Crack'd by Agatha Christie (8/29/24)
Commitment Complete!

2025
57. Appointment with Death (reread/listen) (7/11/25)
58. Death on the Nile (reread/listen) (9/14/25)
59. Crooked House (9/18/25)
60. Mrs. McGinty's Dead (9/25/25)
61. Murder With Mirrors (10/31/25)
Bonus: Murder on the Orient Express: The Graphic Novel [adapted by Bob Al-Greene] (2/22/25)

2026
62. A Pocket Full of Rye (1/25/26)
63. Destination Unknown (4/3/26)
Commitment Complete!
65. Dead Man's Mirror (4/11/26)

Agatha Christie/Charles Osborne
The Unexpected Guest (10/17/19)


No comments: