Monday, December 17, 2018

Birth Year Reading Challenge 2019


Well...I failed miserably at J.G.'s Birth Year Reading Challenge for 2018. I took advantage of the option to read from the birth year of a family member and had high hopes to read 13 books from my mom's birth year (1947). Yeah...that didn't happen. So far I've got four done and might get a fifth (but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you....). So, I'm going to give 1947 another try. I'm going to be a bit more conservative for 2019 and say that my challenge goal will be six books. Hopefully, I'll manage more than that, but if I make six then I will be able to claim the challenge as complete.

Books still remaining on the TBR pile from 1947:

Final Curtain by Ngaio Marsh (2/14/19)
Murder at the Mardi Gras by Elisabet M. Stone (4/20/19)
Dr. Fell, Detective & Other Stories by John Dickson Carr (8/24/19)
And Hope to Die by Richard Powell (9/2/19)
The Fate of the Immodest Blonde (aka Puzzle for Pilgrims) by Patrick Quentin (9/22/19)
The Restless Corpse by Alan Pruitt (9/29/19)
The Bells of Old Bailey by Dorothy Bowers (12/22/19)


Dark Interlude by Peter Cheyney
The Rose & the Yew Tree by Mary Westmacott (Agatha Christie)
With Intent to Deceive by Manning Coles
The Angry Heart by Leslie Edgely
The Velvet Fleece by Lois Eby & John C. Fleming
The Lady Regrets by James M. Fox
The Case of the Lazy Lover by Erle Stanley Gardner
The Clue of the Runaway Blonde/The Clue of the Hungry Horse by Erle Stanley Gardner
The Whispering Death by Roy Vickers
By Hook or By Crook by Anthony Gilbert
Close Quarters by Michael Gilbert
He Didn't' Mind Danger by Michael Gilbert
They Never Looked Inside by Michael Gilbert
A Night of Errors by Michael Innes
San Francisco Murders by Joseph Henry Jackson
A Halo for Nobody by Henry Kane
Prelude to a Certain Midnight by Gerald Kersh
Death of a Doll by Hilda Lawrence
The Shadowy Third by Marco Page
The Riddles of Miss Withers by Stuart Palmer
Miss Withers Regrets by Stuart Palmer
Silver Wings for Vicki by Helen Wells
Cold Bed in the Clay by Ruth Sawtell Wallis




1 comment:

J.G. said...

Welcome back, Bev! I'm happy to have you along again, and hope your 1029 reading is more successful than 2018. It looks like you've got some good books to chose from!