Thursday, December 20, 2018
The Official 2019 TBR Pile Challenge
I'm so glad that Adam from Roof Beam Read is hosting the Official TBR Pile Challenge on a regular basis again. This is one of the first challenges I did when I started blogging and I love the ones that help me knock out some of those books that have been sitting around for a while.
Here's the main point: If you join Adam's challenge, then you will sign up to read 12 books from your TBR list. You're allowed two alternates just in case you can't finish a book for whatever reason. Each of these books must have been on your TBR list for AT LEAST one year and none of the books may have a publication date of 1/1/18 or later.
For the full run-down of the challenge details, click on the link above, read the rules, and join me in my quest to reduce the teetering stacks.
Here's my list:
1. An African Millionaire by Grant Allen (1897) [1/10/19]
2. Final Curtain by Ngaio Marsh (1947) [2/14/19]
3. The Notting Hill Mystery by Charles Warren Adams (1862) [7/12/19]
4. The Man Born to Be King by Dorothy L, Sayers (1943) [3/31/19]
5. The Barrakee Mystery by Arthur W. Upfield (1929) [6/1/19]
6. A Girl of the Limberlost by Gene Stratton Porter (1909) [4/22/19]
7. Mr. Churchill's Secretary by Susan Elia MacNeal (2012) [3/23/19]
8. The Lover by Laura Wilson (2004) [5/17/19]
9. Dr. Fell, Detective & Other Stories by John Dickson Carr (1947) [8/24/19]
10. Miss Agatha Doubles for Death by H. L. V. Fletcher (1943) [5/16/19]
11. And Hope to Die by Richard Powell (1947) [9/2/19]
12. The Fate of the Immodest Blonde by Patrick Quentin (1947)
13. The Two-Pound Tram by William Newton (2013)
14. The Cream of Crime: More Tales from Boucher's Choicest edited by Jeanne F. Bernkopf (1969) [5/26/19]