Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Five Thousand Posts! Or...Who knew I had so much to say

 



Okay...so not all of those posts are in-depth reviews. The grand total includes the posts for challenge review collections, little announcements, etc. But still. Five Thousand Posts! Who knew when I first stuck my toe into the blogging waters back in April 2010--with a review of Beginning with a Bash by Alice Tilton (Phoebe Atwood Taylor), that I wouldn't run out of ways to say "this is a good book" or "don't bother with this one" long before hitting the 5,000 mark.

This has definitely been a fun ride--posting about the things I love, plunging headlong into various reading challenges (and posting about that too), sponsoring my own challenges (Vintage Scattergories (and various iterations of the Vintage Mystery Challenge), Mount TBR & Virtual Mount TBR, Calendar of Crime, etc.), taking part in the Tuesday Night Bloggers with fellow Golden Age fans, and hosting my very own mystery game show: Who Wants to Murder a Millionaire? And, of course, everything else in between. I have also--initially through my blogging and then through the Facebook Golden Age group--met the most extraordinarily wonderful and knowledgeable people out here in the blogiverse. From John at Pretty Sinister Books to Kate at Cross Examining Crime to the Puzzle Doctor at In Search of the Classic Mystery Novel to J J at The Invisible Event to Brad at Ah Sweet Mystery Blog to Rick at The Mystillery to Moira at Clothes in Books  to Michelle at True Book Addict to the much loved and missed Noah at Noah's Archives-- and everyone I'm missing with my foggy memory.

Thanks to everyone who visits! I'm going to keep going until I run out of things to say...at this rate, that might be never. 

Here are a few interesting tidbits from over the last five thousand posts:

Number of Books Read: 1,951 (current average--with books so far in 2021--is 177 per year)


Book Reviews: 1937 (not all books read in 2010 made it to the blog reviews since I started in April)
Number of Different Authors Reviewed: 1070 (collaborations are counted as "one" author)
Author Reviewed Most Often: Agatha Christie
Number of Challenges Attempted (through 2020): 380
Number of Challenges Completed (through 2020): 372

And for those who would like a little bit of a puzzle challenge here is a word search that contains 87 Lesser Known/Less Celebrated Vintage Mystery Authors. All are authors that have been reviewed here on the Block. For a real challenge (or to drive yourself crazy)--you could try doing it without the list. But if you need a list to work with, you may find it HERE. Only the author's last name (all caps) will be found in the puzzle.




8 comments:

Kate said...

Congratulations! Well done! I am in awe of your total no. of posts. I have only managed a paltry 1339. I think it is going to take a while to reach your milestone. With a TBR pile the size of yours I don't think we need ever fear that you will run out of things to say and books to review!! Here is to another 5000!

Gretchen said...

Congratulations Bev! That is a lot of posts. I enjoyed looking at your stats!

Bev Hankins said...

Thanks, Kate and Gretchen!

I may not run out books to review, but I do fear getting in a rut with the reviews.

Rick Mills said...

COngratuations on your 5000th post! Keep them coming and we will keep reading! - Rick

Bev Hankins said...

Thanks, Rick!

Christophe said...

Congratulations, Bev!

Bev Hankins said...

Thanks, Christophe!

Content Homebody said...

Congratulations Bev from a fellow Mystillery reader. 5000 posts - very impressive. You should be proud of the consistency and the content!