Wednesday, November 3, 2010

WWW: Wednesdays


WWW: Wednesdays is hosted by MizB over at Should Be Reading.


To play along, just answer the following three questions....


*What are you currently reading?
*What did you recently finish reading?
*What do you think you'll read next?


Current:
Our Lady of the Lost & Found by Diane Schoemperlen. On an apparently typical Monday morning, a middle-aged writer enters her living room and finds a woman standing by her fig tree. The woman is wearing a blue trench coat, white Nikes, and a white shawl over her hair. She is holding a purse and a suitcase. She is the Virgin Mary--and after 2000 years of petition, adoration, and traveling, she's in need of a little R&R.

The Agency #2: The Body in the Tower by Y. S. Lee. Mary Quinn is back for another action-packed adventure. Disguised as a poor apprentice builder and a boy, she must brave the grimy underbelly of Victorian London--as well as childhood memories of fear, hunger, and constant want--to unmask the identity of a murderer. Assigned to monitor a building site on the clock tower of the Houses of Parliament, mary earns the confidence of the work crew, inching ever nearer her suspect. but if an irrestible desire to help the city's needy doesn't distract her and jeopardize her cover, unexpectedly meeting up with an old friend--or flame--just might.

Finished Since Last Wednesday (click title for review):
Death in Clairvoyance by Josephine Bell
A Comedy of Terrors by Michael Innes
The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins

Up Next:
One Step Behind by Henning Mankell
The Return of the Dancing Master by Henning Mankell
Footsetps in the Dark by Georgette Heyer

Mankell is new to me. One of my friends has suggest these mysteries to me, so we'll see what we think. I'm impatiently waiting for the Heyer book to be available at the library so I can start on the Georgette Heyer reading challenge.....

8 comments:

Jackie said...

Steve Martin's book I hope was an interesting read, he is one of my husband's favorite comedic actors and stand up acts... He also plays one heck of a mean banjo!

My Books this week

jackie ^_^

Alayne said...

You're a fast reader! My WWW is at The Crowded Leaf.

Bev Hankins said...

@Alayne: I wasn't so fast on The Woman in White. I've been working on that one for eons (weeks...anyway).

CMash said...

Another good week! Am looking forward to your Heyer reviews...will be watching for them.

Anonymous said...

I found The Woman in White to be less than I had hoped/expected too...

Mine's here: http://wp.me/pFyoG-n0

Anonymous said...

1. What are you currently reading?
The Trophy Bride's Tale by Cyrilla Barr

2. What did you recently finish reading?
The White Queen by Phillippa Gregory

3. What do you think you'll read next?
Expiation by Greg Messel

Annette Mills said...

Love the "over 40 blogger" picture. I'm one too -- sometimes it seems like we're in the minority!

shaunesay said...

Some interesting sounding books! I recently bought a Georgette Heyer, several friends were raving about her. Our Lady of the Lost & Found definitely sounds different!

Thanks for stopping by my WWW today!