Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Top Ten Tuesday: Literary BFFs


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's theme is your literary BFFs. I answered this question in shortened form for a Sunday meme that I participate in....It took me a bit to come up with five. Let's see if I can make ten.

1. Nancy Drew. So I could have all the fun of being involved in some really cool adventures...with the security of knowing that Nancy always finds a way
out of tight spots.

2. Phryne Fisher (the grown up's Nancy Drew). Again terrific adventures with the added bonus of lots of good looking men hanging around. Phryne's adventures are a little more dangerous than Nancy's...but I'd risk it.

3. Henry Gamadge (from Elizabeth Daly's mysteries). T
his is a man who knows books. I'd want to be his friend so he could direct me to all the vintage mysteries I have on my list to own. Plus...again involvement in some pretty cool mysteries of his own.

4. Kate Fansler (from Amanda Cross's mysteries
). Smart, witty, and loyal to her friends. One classy English professor. I love a woman who can reel off witty comments that make the men (and women alike) sit back and take notice.

5. Pam & Jerry North (from the Lockridge mystery series). Zany and madcap, Pam & Jerry know all the spots for shopping and dining in NYC. Good friends to have in the Big Apple.

6. Bunter from Dorothy L Sayers's Lord Peter W
imsey mysteries. A friend mentioned Lord Peter himself, but I wouldn't want Peter as just a friend....I'd be wanting to get Harriet out of the way and have him for myself. But Bunter is the perfect friend--loyal under fire, ready to charm any ladies who might have answers you need, able to produce toasted crumpets at a moment's notice.

7. Pooh & Piglet from the Winnie the Pooh stories. I'll take a bear with very little brain and timid piglet over a lot people any day.

8. Betsy & Tacy from the stories by Maud Hart Lovelace. Great girls and great friends.

That's it...but if you count the ones I've coupled together I've got more than ten.


5 comments:

Birdie said...

Bunter for the WIN! I love that he knows EVERYTHING but is so nonchalant about it.
I can just see you trailing along with him and helping him set up photo shoots XD

Also, Pooh and Piglet = fabulous!

Red said...

I'm not familiar with too many of the people on your list, but "zany", "madcap" and "NYC" caught my eye so I may have to check out Lockridge.

Sugar and Snark said...

Nancy Drew made my list too :)

Hannah said...

I would love to become friends with you and your gang! I would have said that I think Nancy Drew might have grown up to be Kate Fansler--but I see you have another choice with which I am unfamiliar. I'm off to discover Phryne Fisher right now!

Tasha said...

Nancy Drew -- definitely! She can do anything.