SCAM artist alert

Apparently there is someone calling themself "Luigi Calloway" out there who is claiming to be associated with the Mount TBR Reading Challenge. He is contacting authors and telling them if they pay him, then their books will be used for the challenge. It's possible he's also telling people they must pay to participate in any way. Please know that there is absolutely no charge associated in any way with this reading challenge and that this person does not represent me or anything associated with my blog. There will NEVER be a reason for anyone to have to pay for participation in any way for any of my challenges. If only people who exert this much time and effort on scamming people would put it into something worthwhile....like reading their own books!

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Top Five Sunday: Books That Shoud Be Movies



Every week Larissa's Bookish Life hosts the Top 5 Sundays meme. Here's what you need to do:

1 - Write a post listing your TOP 5 choices within the theme she chose (or was chosen on a poll) for the week.
2 - Mention Larissa's blog on the post and link back to it.
3 - Feel free to use the Feature's image
4 - After you've finished your post, add you link (of the post, not your blog's main page) to the Mr.Linky at the end of that week's post.

5 – If you don’t have a blog to post, just leave your list in the comments =)

This week’s theme is Top Five Books That Should Be Made Into Movies!

1. The Lord Peter Wimsey books by Dorothy L Sayers. Now, I KNOW that the most of early books were done with Ian Carmichael in the role of Wimse
y and then three of the Lord Peter/Harriet Vane books were done with Edward Petherbridge in the starring role. But these books have never been done right. By that, I mean starting with Whose Body? and ending with Busman's Honeymoon (neither of which have been properly filmed).


2. Gail Carriger's Parasol Protectorate series. I'm not big on paranormal, but I absolutely love Lady Alexia!


3. Edmund Cripin's mysteries with Gervase Fen. I'm a
sucker for academic mysteries.


4. Kerry Greenwood's mysteries with Phryne Fi
sher--the grown-up's Nancy Drew.


5. The Dante Club by Matthew Pearl. I don't care if an
y of his other books get made into movies (I didn't like them so well), but the Dante book is brilliant.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

From what I heard about the Parasol Protectorate series I would agree that it would be an interesting movie.

Marce said...

Hmmm I wonder if I will enjoy GailC books, you have me intrigued.

BookQuoter said...

I think I have to read all these books first, is what I need to do!! They all sound great.

Unknown said...

cool list! I dont know most of the books you listed, but OMG Soulless as a movie would be awesome! =D