First up, the Time to Relax Read-a-Thon sponsored by Melissa at Jane's Books. She is officially announcing her first readathon. It will be taking place on December 4 & 5 and will not have a specific time limit. You can read for as much or as little as you wish to.
One thing she would like for people to do is to donate either some money or toys to your local Christmas Bureau. You can donate as much or as little as you wish to. Also note, this is being done for the pure enjoyment of reading over a couple of days, while the hectic Christmas season is under way, and to take some time to enjoy a book. Please sign up and I look forward to seeing the first weekend in December. If you'd like to join in, hop on over using the link above and sign up.
Second (and scheduled for the same weekend), we have the Holiday Read-a-Thon. Liza over at WhoRuBlog.com is having a Holiday #Readathon. The Holiday Readathon has a great cause. You pledge a certain amount of money, based on each page that you read, then you add up how many pages by how much you pledged, and that is how much you will donate to a charity of your choice. The donation is made by yourself and on the honor system... remember Santa is watching!
1. Pledge a penny, or two, or three (or any amount you want!) per page for the books that you will read. Put a minimum number that you will pledge. For example: 100 pages – $1.00
2. Click on comments below and write down your pledge per page and your e-mail address. Example:
I pledge 2 cents per page. 400 pages minimum – $8.00. email@example.com
3. THIS IS ON THE HONOR SYSTEM! Donate the dollar amount to a charity of your choice to make a child happy over the holidays or use it to buy a toy or book for any holiday collection or donate a book to your local library.
Here's my reading list with # of pages and links to reviews (click title for review):
1. A Foreign Affair by Caro Peacock [172 pages--had already started this book before the readathon began] (12/2/10)
3. Dead Man's Chest by Kerry Greenwood [254 pages] (12/4/10)