Saturday, November 13, 2010

(Almost) Sunday Stealing


Today Reading, Reading & Life ripped this meme off a blogger named Shanachie from the blog Quill, Parchment, & Ink: Writings and Ramblings. He explains that he was tagged to do it and then basically tagged the world to do the meme. R, R & L tells us to link back at Sunday Stealing!


Sunday Stealing: Another 14 Question Meme

Cheers to all of us thieves!

1. Lots of pillows or just one? Describe your pre-sleeping rituals.
Two pillows...one flatter as a base and one fluffy to put my head upon. Before bed: change into jammies, drink of water, take nightly pills, tell son goodnight (he's a teenager--he stays up later than I do), kiss hubby goodnight, read for a bit, go to sleep.

2. What kind of books do you read?
Mystery, British literature (mostly pre-WWII, but some more modern), historical fiction, some science fiction, some essay and non-fiction, and whatever grabs me. No horror.

3. What are your neighbors like?
Pretty nice, pretty quiet. Much better than the set we had previously (parties at all hours and all nights of the week...)

4. What's really creepy to you?
People who abuse children in any way. I cannot get my mind around what kind of person can do that.

5. What's your current fandom/obsession/addiction?
Blogging

6. Do you prefer your junk food sweet, salty or savory?
Depends what mood I'm in--sometimes sweet, sometimes salty. Rarely, if ever, savory.

7. What was the last expensive thing you bought?
A trip to New York City (does that count as a thing?)

8. What is your greatest fear?
Losing someone I care about

9. Do you get cravings? If so, what do you crave?
Right now? These chips that were popular back in the late 70s . They were oblong in shape, reminded me of thicker, smaller Pringles and were called Chipsters (I think). I seem to recall they were made by the Keebler Elves. The worst thing about this craving is I know these chips are no more and there's no way I can satisfy this craving. I have no idea why it's suddenly come up.

10. What do you do to change your mood?
Listen to music, read a book, take a walk, talk to someone

11. What was the last meal you ate that you loved?
I have no idea.

12. Do you want to learn another language? If so, why?
I took French in high school and college...I wish I were more fluent. Just because.

13. What's something that you'd like to say to someone right now?
I love you.

14. What are you looking forward to?
Preparing the Eagle Scout Court of Honor for my son. It's been a long time coming.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great answers. I remember the chipster things. Bet you can find them online somewhere. Thanks for stopping by my blog today. Have a great Sunday.

I am Harriet said...

NYC definitely counts as expensive.

Have a great day!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/11/did-you-know-the-national-mean-travel-time-to-work-in-2009-was-25-1-minutes/

Becca said...

Great answers!
Have a great week!

warr_shee said...

trip to new york is really expensive