Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Teaser Tuesdays


MizB of Should Be Reading hosts Teaser Tuesdays. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

*Grab your current read.
*Open to a random page.
*Share two "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page.
*BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! You don't want to ruin the book for others.
*Share the title and author too, so other TT participants can add it to their TBR lists if they like your teaser!

Here's my teaser from A Blunt Instrument by Georgette Heyer (p. 30)

"Are you an escapist?" inquired Neville solicitously. "Is that why you write improbable novels? Have you felt the banality of real life to be intolerable?"

6 comments:

Audra said...

I heart Heyer! I might have to start asking people if the banality of real life is intolerable to them! ;)

shaunesay said...

I love that quote! I've not read any Heyer yet, but did pick up a couple based on how much some other online friends seem to like her. I resemble that remark very much! lol!

Thanks for stopping by my teaser today!

jlshall said...

This guy's a real charmer, isn't he? Haven't read anything by Heyer yet, but she's definitely on my list. Good teaser!

CMash said...

Sounds like tthis character is quite a character.
Bev: Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!

Amy said...

Thanks for stopping by! You have a great teaser there too! :)

fredamans said...

Isn't that exactly why most writers write?
Great teaser!