Tuesday, November 2, 2010
Top Ten (Tearful) Tuesday
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly mem create at The Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is the Top Ten Books That Made You Cry!
This one took me a little bit. I don't tend to read books that I expect will make me cry. I figure I have enough drama in real life, I don't want that kind of thing when I read for pleasure. But then I also know that I have read books over the years that have done it to me....Here's what I've come up with (some of these have been a lonnnng time ago):
1. Tuesdays With Morrie by Mitch Albom
2. The Diary of Young Girl by Anne Frank
3. Kavik the Wolf Dog by Walt Morey
4. Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
5. The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton
6. The Promise by Danielle Steele (one of the few Steele books I've ever read and the last couple chapters had me weeping like a baby)
7. The Snow Queen by Joan D Vinge (I don't remember why, I just know parts of it brought on tears)
8. The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery
That's it....I'm pretty sure there have been others that have started the waterworks, but I can't come up with any likely candidates.