Friday, November 5, 2010

Book Beginnings


Book Beginnings on Friday is a meme now hosted by Katy at A Few More Pages. Anyone can participate; just share the opening sentence (or two) of your current read, making sure that you include the title and author so others know what your're reading.

Here's mine from Our Lady of the Lost and Found by Diane Schoemperlen:

Looking back on it now, I can see there were signs. In the week before it happened, there was a string of unusual events that I noticed but did not recognize.

3 comments:

Jenners said...

That is a good start to a book. I immediately want to know more.

Katy said...

I agree! That is a good start to a book!

Thanks for participating! I blew it and my post didn't publish like it was supposed to this morning. So I'm adding your link right now to the link-up. :)

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I like that kind of opener...the narrator catches our attention with "something" that has happened, and then prepares to go back and tell us more.

Thanks for sharing.

Here's mine, which I just posted:

Click my name....