Monday, November 1, 2010

Teaser Tuesdays


Miz B of Should Be Reading hosts Teaser Tuesdays. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

*Grab your current read.
*Open to a random page.
*Share two "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page.
*BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! You don't want to ruin the book for others.
*Share the title & author too, so other TT participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teaser!

Here's my teaser from Our Lady of the Lost and Found by Diane Schoemperlen (p. 97):

As I tried to sift through and make some sense of all this material, it became more and more obvious to me that the whole story has not, cannot, will never be told. It also became clear to me that the whole story, the real story, and the true story are not always the same thing.

14 comments:

Jennifer said...

Fantastic teaser! I am going to look up tis book, thanks. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/11/teaser-tuesdays-outside-the-ordinary-world.html

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

that's so true!! love the teaser!!

Here's my teaser!!

shaunesay said...

Interesting teaser! It's interesting how the story changes depending on point of view. My teaser is here if you'd like to stop by!

Marce said...

Ahhhhhhhh, great teaser for sure.

I did Two for Tuesday

http://teawithmarce.blogspot.com/2010/11/teaser-tuesday-silence-of-lambs-by.html

Belinda said...

Great teaser this week. It's true that things aren't always what they seem :)

You can find my teaser here

Shelley Munro said...

That's so true!

Here’s My Teaser

Lisa said...

That is certainly the truth - excellent teaser.

My teaser is here.

Marg said...

Love that distinction between the whole story, the true story and the real story!

My teaser comes from Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare

Kelly's Mom said...

Great teaser! You can click my name to visit my teaser, if you're interested :)

Amy Durham

Unknown said...

Nice teaser!

Alayne said...

Ooh that's a fabulous teaser! Thanks for sharing! Mine is at The Crowded Leaf.

E.J. Stevens said...

Interesting teaser! My Day of the Dead teaser from 'The Dead Path' is here.

xx,
E.J.
From the Shadows

Jess. said...

Such a true teaser, since people all see things differently the truth is rarely what is shared


Mine is up at Find the Time to Read

Jen said...

Really interesting teaser!!