Monday, November 1, 2010

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


It's Monday! What Are You Reading, a bookish meme hosted by Book Journey, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week. It's a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list. So hop on over to Journey and join in...and leave a comment here so I can check out what you are reading.

Books Read Last Week (click titles for reviews):
Gilgamesh translated by Herbert Mason
Death of a Tall Man by Frances & Richard Lockridge
Death in Clairvoyance by Josephine Bell
Born Standing Up: A Comic's Life by Steve Martin
A Comedy of Terrors by Michael Innes

Reading Now:
The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins (this is the book that inspired the Energizer Bunny...it keeps going and going and going....)

Our Lady of the Lost and Found by Diane Schoemperlen: On an apparently typical Monday morning, a middle-aged writer enters her living room and finds a woman standing by her fig tree. The woman is wearing a blue trench coat, white Nikes, and a white shawl over her hair, She is holding a pruse and a suitcase. She is the Virgin Mary--and after 2000 year of petition, adoration, and traveling, she's in need of a little R&R.

Books that spark my interest:
Police at the Funeral by Margery Allignham
Colour Scheme by Ngaio Marsh
Black Orchids by Rex Stout
The Silk Stocking Murders by Anthony Berkeley
The Praise Singer by Mary Renault




3 comments:

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

I think the Steve Martin would be one I would like to try. I thought he was so funny when I was a kid.

Anonymous said...

I am reading Trophy Bride

pussreboots said...

Your comparison of the Woman in White to the Engerizer bunny has made me smile. You're so right!

Not listed in my post are the ton and a half of peer reviewed journal articles I read. It was otherwise a good mixture of books this week. Here's what I'm reading this week.