Saturday, November 27, 2010

Saturday Snapshot: Nov 27

A meme hosted by Alyce @ At Home with Books.

All you have to do is to "post a photo that you (or a friend or family member) have taken and then leave a direct link to your post in the Mister Linky" on her blog. "Photos can be old or new, and be of any subject as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see. How much detail you give in the caption is entirely up to you." All she asks is that "you don't post random photos that you find online."


Apples on my son's apple tree. When he was way smaller than he is now (about 4, I believe), we went to pick out a tree for our back yard. I promised him that he could pick out the tree. My stubborn boy insisted on an apple tree because he wanted apples. I told him that I had no intention of spraying or netting the tree and that it would be unlikely if we ever saw apples on it. He was sure I was wrong. This year, he got to say "I told you so" to his mom.

3 comments:

BookQuoter said...

Cute picture and story.

Alyce said...

I've always wanted fruit trees in our yard, but have avoided them because I know our dog would eat all of the apples (or other fruit) that fell. How nice that you guys were able to have apples on the tree though!

Trish said...

Mmm apples! We love making homemade applesauce.