Thursday, November 25, 2010

Booking Through Thursday: Thankful


This week's Booking Through Thursday has a Thanksgiving theme: What authors and books are you most thankful for?


Wow. That's a difficult one. All of the authors I like. Every single one of them. But if I've got to give a list...here we go (in no particular order other than how they pop into my head):


Dorothy L Sayers, Jane Austen, Oscar Wilde, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, David Lodge, Julian Barnes, Carolyn Keene (Nancy Drew started my love affair with books and mysteries), Edna St. vincent Millay, Emily Dickinson, Agatha Christie, Ngaio Marsh, Lewis Carroll, Katherine Anne Porter, Isaac Asimov, Ray Bradbury, Robert Louis Stevenson, A. A. Milne, Michael Innes, Cyril Hare, S. S. Van Dine, Amanda Cross, Scott Sanders, Daphne du Maurier, John Dickson Carr, Robert Silverberg, Georgette Heyer...and many, many more!

3 comments:

Stephen said...

That's the second time I've seen Silverberg today, but I only know him in conjunction with Asimov (working on the Nightfall novel, for instance). I take it you enjoy him? Does he write chiefly SF?

Bev Hankins said...

Yes, Silverberg writes mostly SF--a few have a more fantasy feel to them. He's one of my all-time favorites (I have a tendency to like the classic SF authors...haven't really read much of the recent stuff).

Melissa Wiebe said...

Great responses.