Saturday, January 8, 2022

Roll Your Own Challenge: Star Trek

 


The World Without End science fiction forum has a whole slew of challenges. I'd be even crazier than I already am if I signed up for all of them. But...when I spied a Star Trek Reading Challenge, I decided I kindof needed to do it. Especially since I already had a few ST books on deck for my 2022 reading anyway.

The basics: Just read 3, 6, 9, or 12 books to earn your status in Starfleet. I'm going for mid-range: 6 books which will apparently make me Captain Sisko. I may make it to Kirk (12 books), but I doubt it with all the other challenges I've got going on...For details, click the link. You'll need to join WWE to officially participate--but nothing says you can't play along on your own. Care to join me on the Enterprise...or Deep Space Nine?

1. The Price of the Phoenix by Sondra Marshak & Myrna Culbreath (1/4/22)
2. Star Trek: Voyage to Adventure by Michael J. Dodge (1/22/22)
3. The Tears of the Singers by Melinda Snodgrass (5/30/22)
Captain Janeway!
4. The Trouble with Tribbles by David Gerrold (6/8/22)
5. The Entropy Effect by Vonda N. McIntyre (9/10/22)
6. Star Trek: The New Voyages by Sondra Marshak & Myrna Culbreath [eds] (9/17/22)
Captain Sisko!! Commitment Complete
7.
8.
9.
Captain Picard
10.
11.
12.
Captain Kirk

No comments: