Wednesday, November 27, 2019
2020 Six Shooter Challenger
I'm heading out to the shooting range again with Rick and his Six Shooter Mystery Reading Challenge in 2020. The goal is pretty straight-forward--read six books on the same target (by the same author) to complete your round. Any targets started in 2019 but not yet complete will carry over to the new year. Check out the full details at the link above.
As with his other challenges, Rick doesn't ask for a commitment. But I will set a personal goal in order to claim the challenge complete for 2020. Last year I set it at two targets--I'm going to up the ante and set my goal at four targets this year. Most likely those will include Agatha Christie, the Lockridges, and possibly another round of Ngaio Marsh.
Agatha Christie (finishing target from last year)
1. 4:50 from Paddington (7/28/19)
2. And Then There Were None (8/2/19)
3. The Unexpected Guest [play by Christie, adapted by Charles Osborne] (10/17/19)
4. The Murder of Roger Ackroyd ( 1/9/20)
Dorothy L. Sayers (finishing target from last year)
1. Gaudy Night (7/1/19)
2. Unnatural Death (8/31/19)
3. Thrones, Dominations (9/19/19; finished by Jill Paton Walsh)
4. The Unpleasantness at the Bellona Club (10/19/19)
5. Have His Carcase (1/13/20)
6. The Nine Tailors
Frances & Richard Lockridge (finishing target from last year)
1. Killing the Goose (6/24/19)
2. Spin Your Web, Lady!