Monday, January 10, 2011

Winter's Respite Read-a-Thon

Not satisfied with having signed up for fourteen reading challenges, I am now going to sign up for The True Book Addict's Winter Respite Read-a-Thon. Of course, signing up for the read-a-thon should help me with my challenges, right? Because it's supposed to encourage me to read, read, read and therefore I will finish challenges more quickly, right?




Here are the basics:

The read-a-thon will last from Monday, January 17 at 12 am until Sunday, January 23 at 11:59 pm (adjust your time zone as appropriate, our hostess is on central time).

You can sign up and participate at any time during the read-a-thon...this is a flexible event. I hope you will join me for a week of reading fun!

For full details use the link above.

I'm in...hope to get A LOT of reading done and knock out some of those challenge books! I will list books I finish below with links to reviews.

1. Time to Be in Earnest: a fragment of autobiography by P. D. James (p. 130-259) [Finished 5:30 pm, 1/18/11]

2. Publish & Be Murdered by Ruth Dudley Edwards (217 pages) [Finished 1:30 pm, 1/19/10]

3. The X in Sex: How the X Chromosome Controls Our Lives by David Bainbridge (181 pages) [Finished 1:30 pm, 1/21/11]

4. Live or Die by Anne Sexton (90 pages) [Finished 7:00 pm, 1/21/11]

5. Black Orchids by Rex Stout (140 pages) [Finished 10:00 pm, 1/21/11]

6. Cordially Invited to Meet Death by Rex Stout (128 pages) [Finished 4:00 pm, 1/22/11]

7. Out of the Silent Planet by C. S. Lewis (160 pages) [Finished 9:45 pm, 1/22/11]

8. The Ampersand Papers by Michael Innes (192 pages) [Finished 10:00 pm, 1/23/11]

9. The Fashion in Shrouds by Margery Allingham (24 pages) [Couldn't finish...had to go to sleep at 11:00 pm]

Total pages: 653


2 comments:

Michelle Stockard Miller said...

Welcome to the read-a-thon. So glad you're joining me! Hope you get a lot of great reading in this week.

Michelle Stockard Miller said...

Wow, Bev! You really did some reading last week. Great job! And guess what? You are the winner of one of the signed copies of The Queen's Pawn! Congrats! Please email me your address within 48 hours to truebookaddictATgmailDOTcom