Tuesday, January 18, 2011

15 Authors

This is floating around the Facebook universe at the moment. Since it's bookish in nature, I thought I'd go ahead and share it here as well.

*Don't take too long to think about it.
*List fifteen authors (poets included) who've influenced you or who stick with you.
*Select the first fifteen you can recall in no more than 15 minutes. No particular order required.

Here are my fifteen:

1. Jane Austen
2. Oscar Wilde
3. Dorothy L Sayers
4. C S Lewis
5. Edna St. Vincent Millay
6. Emily Dickinson
7. Isaac Asimov
8. Ray Bradbury
9. David Lodge
10. Julian Barnes
11. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
12. Carolyn Keene
13. Harper Lee
14. Rainer Maria Rilke
15. Lewis Carroll

Of course, on any given day some of those names may change.

10 comments:

Red said...

I like your list! And like you I think if I were to make this list it would change each day.

Bev Hankins said...

Certain names would change...but I can safely say that Austen, Sayers, Millay, Lodge and Doyle would stay on there. Perhaps some of the others as well.

Roof Beam Reader said...

I'm such a sucker for these!

Here are my fifteen:

01. J.D. Salinger
02. Oscar Wilde
03. Lois Lowry
04. J.K. Rowling
05. Stephen Chbosky
06. William S. Burroughs
07. Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.
08. Mark Twain
09. Lewis Carroll
10. Dennis Cooper
11. John Steinbeck
12. Herman Melville
13. Edgar Allan Poe
14. Jane Austen
15. Agatha Christie

Bev Hankins said...

@Adam: Glad to see some overlap with our lists. I nearly put Christie on there...but was trying to mix up the list. I could have gone all mystery authors.

Yvette said...

I'm a BIG list person myself. But I have to agree, the list would fluctuate. Bev, I think I'll post a list over on my blog. This looks like fun. I'll link back over here. :)

Sharon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sharon said...

I could have gone on..... but my 15 are posted here:
http://abookwormsblog1.blogspot.com/2011/01/15-authors.html

Like you said, it is subject to change from day to day!

Birdie said...

great list!
Looks like we share a couple.
my list
And I totally agree that it would change depending on the day.

PS--you now have a "tag" over at my journal. It's the "Blame Bev" tag ;)

Tasha said...

An interesting list! Mine would be entirely different, though I like many of the authors you've listed. Seeing Ray Bradbury's name reminds me of his short story 'The Veldt,' which was a source of much anxiety for me during middle school.

Teacher/Learner said...

Very nice! I decided to try this out, too. Here's my list.