SCAM artist alert

Apparently there is someone calling themself "Luigi Calloway" out there who is claiming to be associated with the Mount TBR Reading Challenge. He is contacting authors and telling them if they pay him, then their books will be used for the challenge. It's possible he's also telling people they must pay to participate in any way. Please know that there is absolutely no charge associated in any way with this reading challenge and that this person does NOT represent me or anything associated with my blog. I DO NOT endorse anything that he claims.There will NEVER be a reason for anyone to have to pay for participation in any way for any of my challenges. If only people who exert this much time and effort on scamming people would put it into something worthwhile....like reading their own books! A message to Luigi: Please cease and desist contacting authors (or anyone) in my name or claiming to represent this reading challenge. You absolutely DO NOT.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Booking Through Thursday: Firsts


This week Booking Through Thursday wants to know: Do you remember the first book you bought for yourself? Or the first book you checked out of the library? What was it and why did you choose it?

I am quite certain that the first book I bought for myself was a Nancy Drew mystery. I don't know for sure which one. But I lived at Mason's Rare & Used Bookstore and spent all of my allowance money there. I was always searching for new Nancys to add to my collection.

First book from the library is a little harder...I've had a card ever since I can remember. The children's librarian used to hold our little orange (why orange? I have no idea) cards with a metal strip on them at the desk until we were old enough to be trusted with them. Those metal strips were important to the checking-out process (made some kind of imprint on the check-out card, maybe?). I think, but can't say for sure, that my first book checked out of the library on my own card was a Dr. Seuss.

1 comment:

samantha.1020 said...

I used to love Nancy Drew!!! I have such fond memories of her and also the Hardy Boys :)