Thursday, January 13, 2011

Booking Through Thursday: Firsts


This week Booking Through Thursday wants to know: Do you remember the first book you bought for yourself? Or the first book you checked out of the library? What was it and why did you choose it?

I am quite certain that the first book I bought for myself was a Nancy Drew mystery. I don't know for sure which one. But I lived at Mason's Rare & Used Bookstore and spent all of my allowance money there. I was always searching for new Nancys to add to my collection.

First book from the library is a little harder...I've had a card ever since I can remember. The children's librarian used to hold our little orange (why orange? I have no idea) cards with a metal strip on them at the desk until we were old enough to be trusted with them. Those metal strips were important to the checking-out process (made some kind of imprint on the check-out card, maybe?). I think, but can't say for sure, that my first book checked out of the library on my own card was a Dr. Seuss.

1 comment:

samantha.1020 said...

I used to love Nancy Drew!!! I have such fond memories of her and also the Hardy Boys :)