Saturday, January 29, 2011

Saturday Snapshot: Jan 29

Saturday Snapshot is a meme hosted by Alyce at At Home with Books. All you have to do is "post a photo that you (or a friend or family member) have taken and then leave a direct link to your post in the Mr. Linky on [her] blog. Photos can be old or new, and be of anything as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see. How much detail you give is up to you." All she asks is that you don't just post random photos that you find online.


This photo is from two Decembers ago. I was never more surprised than when my mom, dad & I went for a walk on the local walking trail and this handsome bird swooped down into the creek that runs along there.

6 comments:

Helen's Book Blog said...

I love a nature surprise! He's so elegant

Trish said...

What lovely birds they are! They are always so much bigger in real life than in pictures.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Wow! I love the splendor in nature...the artistry of the tree limbs and the beauty of the bird. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Gorgeous picture! I almost used one of a deer this morning.... maybe I will use that one next week :) I also have one of a moose!

Alyce said...

That looks like a blue heron. I love seeing them, but don't get to see them as often as I used to when I lived on the coast.

Margaret said...

Magnificent! Lovely photo.