SCAM artist alert

Apparently there is someone calling himself "Luigi Calloway" out there who is claiming to be associated with the Mount TBR Reading Challenge. He is contacting authors and telling them if they pay him, then their books will be used for the challenge. It's possible he's also telling people they must pay to participate in any way. Please know that there is absolutely no charge associated in any way with this reading challenge and that this person does NOT represent me or anything associated with my blog. I DO NOT endorse anything that he claims.There will NEVER be a reason for anyone to have to pay for participation in any way for any of my challenges. If only people who exert this much time and effort on scamming people would put it into something worthwhile....like reading their own books! A message to Luigi: Please cease and desist contacting authors (or anyone) in my name or claiming to represent this reading challenge. You absolutely DO NOT.

Monday, January 24, 2011

Winter Respite Read-a-thon Wrapup



This was, I think one of my better read-a-thon outings. Of course, I always hope to read way more than I do, but I managed to complete 7 books, finish one as my starter book and get a little bit into a 9th by the time it was all over. Here's my read-a-thon haul:

1. Time to Be in Earnest: a fragment of autobiography by P. D. James (p. 130-259) [Finished 5:30 pm, 1/18/11]

2. Publish & Be Murdered by Ruth Dudley Edwards (217 pages) [Finished 1:30 pm, 1/19/10]

3. The X in Sex: How the X Chromosome Controls Our Lives by David Bainbridge (181 pages) [Finished 1:30 pm, 1/21/11]

4. Live or Die by Anne Sexton (90 pages) [Finished 7:00 pm, 1/21/11]

5. Black Orchids by Rex Stout (140 pages) [Finished 10:00 pm, 1/21/11]

6. Cordially Invited to Meet Death by Rex Stout (128 pages) [Finished 4:00 pm, 1/22/11]

7. Out of the Silent Planet by C. S. Lewis (160 pages) [Finished 9:45 pm, 1/22/11]

8. The Ampersand Papers by Michael Innes (192 pages) [Finished 10:00 pm, 1/23/11]

9. The Fashion in Shrouds by Margery Allingham (24 pages) [Couldn't finish...had to go to sleep at 11:00 pm]

Total pages: 653

Thanks to Michelle at The True Book Addict for hosting! Thanks also to Christy English for offering her book as prizes--one of which I just found out I won. Woo Hoo!


4 comments:

CMash said...

WooHoo WTG!! You did fantastic!! And you even won!! WTG!! So proud that a Challenge Addict did sooooooo well!!!

Bev Hankins said...

See...being an addict pays off. If I hadn't been an addict, I wouldn't have so much reading to do. If I didn't have so much reading to do, I wouldn't have needed the read-a-thon. And then I wouldn't have entered...and won. Go me!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a successful read-a-thon.

Michelle Stockard Miller said...

Wow, I think I should dub you Queen of this read-a-thon! You really rocked! Thanks for joining me. I'll be having the Spring's Serenity Read-A-Thon in April and I hope you will join me again. Be watching for dates.

I emailed your address to Christy English and she will be mailing your book "pronto"...her exact words! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.