Friday, January 7, 2011

The Friday 56



The Friday 56 is a bookish meme which is hosted by Freda's Voice. It's really easy (and fun!) to participate.

*Grab the book nearest you. Right now.
*Turn to page 56 and find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post that sentence with these instructions on your blog or in the comments section.
*Post a link back to Freda's Voice.
*Don't dig for your favorite book, the coolest, most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST!

Here's mine from Emma by Jane Austen:

"I leave an excellent substitute in my daughter. Emma will be happy to entertain you. And therefore I think I will beg your excuse and take my three turns--my winter walk."

(There really weren't any attention-grabbers on page 56. At least, I didn't think so. I like Jane Austen but Emma is dragging a bit....)

3 comments:

Yvonne said...

Emma is on my list to read. I'm looking forward to it.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing....:)Hope you have a great weekend!

fredamans said...

Austen is always appreciated.

Thank you for participating!