Sunday, January 30, 2011

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a bookish meme hosted by Book Journey. It's where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week. It's a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list. So hop on over via the link above and join in...and leave a comment here so I can check out what you are reading.


Books Read Last Week (click on titles for review):
The Fashion in Shrouds by Margery Allingham
Rope's End, Rogue's End by E. C. R. Lorac
Zorro: A Novel by Isabel Allende (did not finish)
The Lost Garden by Helen Humphreys
Use Trouble: Poems by Michael S Harper
Flying Finish by Dick Francis
A Flaw in the Blood by Stephanie Barron

Currently Reading:
A Graveyard to Let by Carter Dickson: This book provides British Sir Henry Merrivale with a new setting in which to display his skill at solving mysteries: the USA. It all comes about when Sir Henry, en route to New York, receives a shipboard radiogram, inviting him to witness a miracle. Responding to the call like the old fire horse he is, H. M. finds himself entangled with New York police, New York subways, and American baseball. But whatever the name of the game, one count on the Old Maestro to get home free--thoroughly foiling the villains on his way.

Books that spark my interest:
Lord of Misrule by Jaimy Gordon (impatiently waiting for this one to be available from the library)
The Eustace Diamonds by Anthony Trollope (up next for various challenges)
Zelda Sayre Fitzgerald: An American Woman's Life by Linda Wagner-Martin OR
Zubin Mehta: the Score of My Life by Zubin Mehta (I am in need of a new "Z" book to replace the Zorro which I could not finish. These two auto/biographies looked like interesting candidates. I may wind up reading both.)


10 comments:

Jennifer said...

You had a fabulous week! I hope this one is just as good. Happy reading. My Monday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/01/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-24.html

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

You have been busy - a couple titles I am interested in so I will be checking them out more closely.

Aleetha said...

holy. one week 7 book.
You got a great reading speed.
I wish I could have it.

pussreboots said...

I skimmed through the Zorro book back when I read it. I much prefer the original 1919 novel.

I read picture books, manga and text books last week. Come see what I'm reading now.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Great week, Bev! The book on Zelda looks really good to me.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Nina said...

Great week! I just wanted to say that Zorro: A Novel by Isabel Allende sounded very interesting, but I see that you didn't finish it. mmm. Happy Monday!

Anonymous said...

Just to say that I wanted to join the It's Monday.. What Are You Reading? but when I use the button it reports that the website is unsafe. Can you respond to this report please?
I have joined the Vintage Reading Challenge
and posted that I have joined (to-day)

Carol said...

Another busy week I see.

I finished one book and reviewed

carol

Shan said...

Wow, what a great reading week!

Here's My Monday

Kristin said...

Wow - you had a great week...lots of good books!

My It's Monday post can be found here.