Monday, January 10, 2011
Forgotten Treasures Challenge
I'm absolutely determined to join Cheryl at CMash Loves to Read in the "Out of This World" catergory for Challenge Addicts. I've been flirting with the Forgotten Treasures Challenge, hosted by Retroredux's Reviews, ever since I saw it posted on Frl. Irene Palfy's All That Glistens Could Be Old site. And have now decided to give in to the seductive siren song and join up. After all, I've got read at least 219 books to "Outdo Myself" (as one of my other challenges has enticed me into trying), so what's the big deal in signing up for another challenge?
Here are the rules and the goal:
Goal: to read and review (or just share a few thoughts on) books that are 25 years old or older.
Open to all: bloggers and non-bloggers alike.
Open to all books: bought, loaned or already owned.
Only rule is on AGE. Printing date must be at least 25 years old (1986 or older, please).
Choose a level:
Level one: read 3 books 25+ years old or older
Level two: read 7 books 25+ years old or older
Bonus* Level three: read 25 books 25+ years old or older (all who complete Level three will receive a nifty "Vintage Book Fan" award to post on their blog)
All right, I'm in. All in for the Bonus Level three. Will list books and review links as they come.
1. 5 Bullets by Lee Thayer (published 1944) [1/12/11]
2. The Chinese Orange Mystery by Ellery Queen (published 1944) [1/13/11]
3. Live or Die by Anne Sexton (published 1966) [1/21/11]
4. Black Orchids by Rex Stout (published 1941) [1/21/11]
5. Coridally Invited to Meet Death by Rex Stout (published 1942) [1/22/11]
6. Out of the Silent Planet by C. S. Lewis (published 1938) [1/22/11]
7. The Ampersand Papers by Michael Innes (published 1978) [1/23/11]
8. The Fashion in Shrouds by Margery Allingham (published 1938) [1/25/11]
9. Rope's End, Rogue's End by E. C. R. Lorac (published 1942) [1/26/11]
10. Flying Finish by Dick Francis (published 1966) [1/29/11]
11. A Graveyard to Let by Carter Dickson (published1949) [1/31/11]
12. The Eustace Diamonds by Anthony Trollope (published 1873) [2/1/11]
13. Why Shoot a Butler? by Georgette Heyer (published 1933) [2/2/11]
14. The Leavenworth Case by Anna Katharine Green (published 1878) [2/8/11]
15. Something New by P. G. Wodehouse (published 1915) [2/17/11]
16. McKee of Centre Street by Helen Reilly (published 1934) [2/23/11]
17. You Can Die Laughing by A. A. Fair, aka Erle Stanley Gardner (published 1957) [2/24/11]
18. We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson (published 1962) [2/26/11]
19. Dividend on Death by Brett Halliday (published 1939) [2/27/11]
20. Colour Scheme by Ngaio Marsh (published 1943) [2/28/11]
21. Leave It to Psmith by P. G. Wodehouse (published 1923) [3/2/11]
22. Rim of the Pit by Hake Talbot (published 1944) [3/4/11]
23. Shroud of Darkness by E. C. R. Lorac (published 1954) [3/10/11]
24. The Trail of the Red Diamonds by L. Ron Hubbard (originally published 1935) [3/11/11]
25. The Girl in Blue by P. G. Wodehouse (published 1971) [3/12/11]