Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Teaser Tuesdays


MizB of Should Be Reading hosts Teaser Tuesdays. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:



*Grab your current read.
*Open to a random page.
*Share two "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page.
*BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! You don't want to spoil the book for others.
*Share the title and author too, so other TT participants can add it to their TBR lists if they like your teaser!

Here's my teaser from 5 Bullets by Lee Thayer (pp. 101-2). Again, the passage was so book-appropriate that I just had to go over the two sentences:

We'll just go off somewhere and park in a pretty place for the afternoon. Francie has some highbrow reading she wants to do and I have a mystery story I'm dying to finish. Don't you like Nero Wolfe? Or do you prefer Hercule Poirot, Miss Hartley? I'm fond of them both, really. And then there's Perry Mason. He's a little unscrupulous, but always in a good cause. I find him more sympathetic than Philo Vance though...

Nice little line-up of detectives Mrs. Follette's got there. I'd go sit in a pretty place and read any of those with her.

5 comments:

BLHmistress said...

Not a bad line up if I do say so,

My Teaser Tuesday

Marce said...

Great teaser for sure, of course she is dying to finish :-)

CMash said...

Will you be taking Emma?

Bev Hankins said...

@CMash: Oh, you're a funny one, you are. NO. Emma is in the garage. Boxed up. Where she belongs.

fredamans said...

Great teaser, and wise to add it all.