Wednesday, January 12, 2011
Bestsellers For My Birth Week
Found this little gem over on What Red Read (who found it at Dead End Follies). If you go to Biblioz.com and enter your birth date (be sure and enter it day, month, year or you'll get weird responses), you can find out the bestseller list for the week of your birth.
Here's my list for fiction:
1. The Love Machine by Jacqueline Susann
2. Portnoy's Complaint by Philip Roth
3. The Godfather by Mario Puzo
4. Ada by Vladimir Nabokov
5. Except for Me and Thee by Jessamyn West
6. The Andromeda Strain by Michael Crighton
7. Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut
8. The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes
9. The Vines of Yarrabee by Dorothy Eden
10. The Goodbye Look by Ross MacDonald
Those in blue I have read and those with review links were read in 2010 for the Birth Year Reading Challenge. That was a fun challenge, by the way, and there are rumors of another round for this year--with some kind of twist so that those of us who have already participated will be tempted to do it again.