Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Bestsellers For My Birth Week


Found this little gem over on What Red Read (who found it at Dead End Follies). If you go to Biblioz.com and enter your birth date (be sure and enter it day, month, year or you'll get weird responses), you can find out the bestseller list for the week of your birth.

Here's my list for fiction:

1.
The Love Machine by Jacqueline Susann
2.
Portnoy's Complaint by Philip Roth
3. The Godfather by Mario Puzo
4. Ada by Vladimir Nabokov
5.
Except for Me and Thee by Jessamyn West
6.
The Andromeda Strain by Michael Crighton
7. Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut
8. The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes
9.
The Vines of Yarrabee by Dorothy Eden
10.
The Goodbye Look by Ross MacDonald

Those in blue I have read and those with review links were read in 2010 for the Birth Year Reading Challenge. That was a fun challenge, by the way, and there are rumors of another round for this year--with some kind of twist so that those of us who have already participated will be tempted to do it again.

6 comments:

Red said...

The Godfather and Slaughterhouse Five. Nice!

I might look for some books from my birth year. I don't know if I can commit to a whole challenge but maybe just some to add to my own TBR pile.

Unknown said...

I posted mine! Thanks for the link.

Suzanne said...

Wow, we must be close to being twins because the #1 on your list is #1 on mine too!
The Godfather, Portnoy's Complaint, The Andromeda Strain and The Pretenders round out the top 5 for my birth year.

Ben said...

Woah! You're born at a very interesting time in literature!

Jennifer said...

Misery was on my list. Should I read something into that?!

Bev Hankins said...

@Jennifer: Hopefully not!