
Here's my teaser from Emma by Jane Austen (p 36). The passage was so good (TBR list-appropriate) that I could not stop with just two sentences:
"Emma has been meaning to read more ever since she was twelve years old. I have seen a great many lists of her drawing up at various times of books that she meant to read regularly through--and very good lists they were--very well chosen, and very neatly arranged--sometimes alphabetically, and sometimes by some other rule. The list she drew up when only fourteen--I remember thinking it did her judgment so much credit, that I preserved it some time; and I dare say she may have made out a very good list now. " (Mr. Knightley)
**I realize that I'm a bit early...but work is so crazy at the moment that I don't get posts up until later in the evening. Wanted to have this one up and running for Tuesday.





















6 comments:
Sounds like all readers would like this one.
Here's ours if you get a chance to stop by:
http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2011/01/tuesday-teasers-from-insane-train-and.html
I really want to read this one...a Jane Austen book that I missed...although, the movie, of course, helped fill in some gaps.
Here's mine:
(click on my name)
A fab teaser from a fab book!
http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2011/01/teaser-tuesday.html
Lovely teaser! I read Emma a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it, even though Emma herself was very frustrating. But at least she was a fellow list-maker!
Timeless. Fantastic lines there, as well.
http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2011/01/teaser-tuesdays.html
Thinking I should be more organized like Emma.
Post a Comment