Monday, January 3, 2011

Teaser Tuesdays


MizB of Should Be Reading hosts Teaser Tuesdays. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:



*Grab your current read.
*Open to a random page.
*Share two "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page.
*BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! You don't want to spoil the book for others.
*Share the title and author too, so other TT participants can add it to their TBR lists if they like your teaser!

Here's my teaser from Emma by Jane Austen (p 36). The passage was so good (TBR list-appropriate) that I could not stop with just two sentences:

"Emma has been meaning to read more ever since she was twelve years old. I have seen a great many lists of her drawing up at various times of books that she meant to read regularly through--and very good lists they were--very well chosen, and very neatly arranged--sometimes alphabetically, and sometimes by some other rule. The list she drew up when only fourteen--I remember thinking it did her judgment so much credit, that I preserved it some time; and I dare say she may have made out a very good list now. " (Mr. Knightley)


**I realize that I'm a bit early...but work is so crazy at the moment that I don't get posts up until later in the evening. Wanted to have this one up and running for Tuesday.

6 comments:

Karen and Gerard said...

Sounds like all readers would like this one.

Here's ours if you get a chance to stop by:
http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2011/01/tuesday-teasers-from-insane-train-and.html

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I really want to read this one...a Jane Austen book that I missed...although, the movie, of course, helped fill in some gaps.

Here's mine:

(click on my name)

fredamans said...

A fab teaser from a fab book!

http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2011/01/teaser-tuesday.html

jlshall said...

Lovely teaser! I read Emma a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it, even though Emma herself was very frustrating. But at least she was a fellow list-maker!

Gia Cooper said...

Timeless. Fantastic lines there, as well.

http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2011/01/teaser-tuesdays.html

CMash said...

Thinking I should be more organized like Emma.