Monday, January 24, 2011

Winter Respite Read-a-thon Wrapup



This was, I think one of my better read-a-thon outings. Of course, I always hope to read way more than I do, but I managed to complete 7 books, finish one as my starter book and get a little bit into a 9th by the time it was all over. Here's my read-a-thon haul:

1. Time to Be in Earnest: a fragment of autobiography by P. D. James (p. 130-259) [Finished 5:30 pm, 1/18/11]

2. Publish & Be Murdered by Ruth Dudley Edwards (217 pages) [Finished 1:30 pm, 1/19/10]

3. The X in Sex: How the X Chromosome Controls Our Lives by David Bainbridge (181 pages) [Finished 1:30 pm, 1/21/11]

4. Live or Die by Anne Sexton (90 pages) [Finished 7:00 pm, 1/21/11]

5. Black Orchids by Rex Stout (140 pages) [Finished 10:00 pm, 1/21/11]

6. Cordially Invited to Meet Death by Rex Stout (128 pages) [Finished 4:00 pm, 1/22/11]

7. Out of the Silent Planet by C. S. Lewis (160 pages) [Finished 9:45 pm, 1/22/11]

8. The Ampersand Papers by Michael Innes (192 pages) [Finished 10:00 pm, 1/23/11]

9. The Fashion in Shrouds by Margery Allingham (24 pages) [Couldn't finish...had to go to sleep at 11:00 pm]

Total pages: 653

Thanks to Michelle at The True Book Addict for hosting! Thanks also to Christy English for offering her book as prizes--one of which I just found out I won. Woo Hoo!


4 comments:

CMash said...

WooHoo WTG!! You did fantastic!! And you even won!! WTG!! So proud that a Challenge Addict did sooooooo well!!!

Bev Hankins said...

See...being an addict pays off. If I hadn't been an addict, I wouldn't have so much reading to do. If I didn't have so much reading to do, I wouldn't have needed the read-a-thon. And then I wouldn't have entered...and won. Go me!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a successful read-a-thon.

Michelle Stockard Miller said...

Wow, I think I should dub you Queen of this read-a-thon! You really rocked! Thanks for joining me. I'll be having the Spring's Serenity Read-A-Thon in April and I hope you will join me again. Be watching for dates.

I emailed your address to Christy English and she will be mailing your book "pronto"...her exact words! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.