Friday, January 28, 2011

Friday 56

The Friday 56 is a bookish meme sponsored by Freda's Voice. It's really easy to participate.

*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it up at Freda's site.

Here's mine from The Lost Garden by Helen Humphreys:

What I find in that desk drawer, unharmed by creatures or weather, is the head gardener's ledger. I take the book outside and sit on a bench in the sun, against the warmth of the brick wall, the gardener's journal open on my knees.

I've just started this book, so I haven't made it to page 56 yet. I'm wondering if the ledger is going to tell her about the "lost garden"?


Yvonne said...

This is an intriguing excerpt. It has my attention :)

fredamans said...

Sounds wonderful.

Thanks for participating!