Wednesday, September 1, 2010

WWW Wednesdays


WWW Wednesdays is hosted by MizB over at Should Be Reading. To play along just answer the following three questions:

*What are you currently reading?
*What did you recently finish reading?
*What do you think you'll read next?

Current read: Robert F Kennedy: A Memoir by Jack Newfield. I've had this book for eons. Ever since I did an intensive history report on RFK for my junior year high school history class. Having noticed that it was published in 1969 helped prompt me to finally get started on it--it will help me on my Birth Year Reading Challeng journey. Robert Kennedy has always fascinated me and I've readily joined in on the "what if" musings. More than his brother, JFK, I think his assassination really made a difference in how things might have turned out. This memoir follows RFK through the years between JFK's assassination and the end of his own life in 1968.

Just Finished (over the past week or so--click on the titles for a review):
I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou
Portnoy's Complaint by Philip Roth
Death Is A Lonely Business by Ray Bradbury
Damnation Alley by Roger Zelazny

Up Next: Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut. One of the last two I'll need to complete the Birth Year Reading Challenge. I'm in the home stretch!

5 comments:

CMash said...

Good Morning Bev:
Again thank you for meeting me for coffee/tea.
It looks like you had a fantastic reading week. I have been in a bit of reading slump, not sure why, but need to get out of it soon. Too many books to read. Does that ever happen to you?
Cheryl "Mash"

Bev Hankins said...

Oh, yeah. I get in slumps. Although, since I've started blogging & hooking up with other bloggers & doing challenges it's kind of kept me going this summer. I just started in April (blogging that is) and maybe the "newness" will wear off.....

Alayne said...

Slaughthouse Five is on my TBR. Hope you enjoy it! My WWW is at The Crowded Leaf.

Jackie said...

I have not read any of your picks but just from the titles alone they are eclectic and interesting choices... Ray Bradbury is always good but have not read him since my early 20's, need to remedy that!

My WWW at Housewife Blues and Chihuahua Stories this week


jackie ^_^

CMash said...

Please stop by my blog and pick up your Elmer's Virtual Bag to help Adopt A Classroom.
CMash