Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Teaser Tuesdays



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
*Grab your current read.
*Open to a random page.
*Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page.
*Be careful not to include spoilers! (Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!)
*Share the title and author, too, so other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

My Teasers from Wide Sargasso Sea by Jean Rhys (page 39):

"Oh, my God, they get at the back, they set fire to the back of the house." He pointed to my bedroom door which I had shut after me and smoke was rolling out from underneath.

7 comments:

jlshall said...

Wow, great teaser! I'm not a huge Jean Rhys fan, but this one has always intrigued me.

Here’s my teaser from The Inheritance.

Jennifer said...

Intense teaser. I will look into this book. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/09/teaser-tuesdays-what-alice-knew-a-most-curious-tale-of-henry-james-and-jack-the-ripper.html

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

uhoh, that doesn't sound good.

Here's my teaser!!

Clare said...

Ah, the classic retelling of Jane Eyre. I hope you like it!

E.J. Stevens said...

Suspenseful teaser! My teaser is here.

xx,
E.J
From the Shadows

Lori said...

Good teaser. I hope that you enjoy your book. Here's my Teaser for Tuesday.

Jo said...

Why are they talking about it? Get out!!! ;p

Interesting teaser...