Monday, September 6, 2010
Fall Into Reading Challenge
Call me crazy...but I'm signing up for another reading challenge. This one is the Fall Into Reading Challenge hosted by A Chick Who Reads. To participate click on the challenge link and sign yourself up for some fall fun! I'm still thinking on a few of mine--will fill them in later.
Timeline: Sept 1 - Nov 30, 2010
Goal:Complete all 12 reading prompts
1. Read a book outside your comfort zone
Soulless by Gail Carriger (I am not much for the supernatural, paranormal or vampires.) Read 9/22/10
2. Read a "chunky book" 500 + pages.
The Divine Comedy by Dante Alighieri (trans by Dorothy L Sayers)
The Divine Comedy I: Hell (Read 9/19/10)
The Divine Comedy II: Purgatory (Read 9/26/10)
The Divine Comedy III: Paradise (Read 10/13/10)
(all three volumes with commentary add up to WAY over 500 pages...this could also have gone under "the out of my comfort zone" category)
3. Read a book with the letter "S" for September in either the title or the author's name.
Wide Sargasso Sea by Jean Rhys (Read 9/7/10)
4. Read a book that is part of a series.
The Bohemian Girl by Kenneth Cameron (2nd in the Denton Mystery Series) (Read 9/11/10)
5. Re-read a book that you consider an old friend.
Strong Poison by Dorothy L Sayers (Re-read 9/20/10)
6. Read something "Spooky" for Halloween.
Madam Crowl's Ghost & Other Stories by Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu (9/30/10)
7. Read a book that was recommended to you by a friend.
Katherine by Anya Seton (Read 9/9/10)
8. Read one of the books that's been on your TBR the longest.
To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee (10/6/10)
9. Read a book by a debut author.
The Deathday Letter by Shaun David Hutchinson (Read 9/13/10)
10. Read a book with a "fall" theme
The Thanksgiving Day Murder by Lee Harris (Read 9/13/10)
11. Reader's Choice
Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake by Sarah MacLean (Read 10/1/10)
12. Read a book by an author that you love
Cat Among the Pigeons by Agatha Christie (Read 9/26/10) I always love a good mystery by Dame Agatha!
As I read I will change the title's color, add the date, and create a link to the review.