Wednesday, September 8, 2010
Everything Old Is New Again Challenge
Hello, my name is Bev and I'm addicted to Reading Challenges.
So....over at Books I Done Read we've got the Everything Old Is New Again Challenge. With a focus on Victorian literature and more recent books that play off of Victorian novels/ideals. How could I resist that one? Especially when I almost have a Bachelor's in the bag...and could easily get a Master's if we count books I've read, but don't have reviews for. (Will the professor offer leniency on this count?). For full details, click on the link and check out the books to read to audit, get a B.A., get an M.A., or go full-throttle & claim a PhD.
Here's my list so far (reviewed books have clickable titles):
1. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
2. Wide Sargasso Sea by Jean Rhys
3. Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier
4. The French Lieutenant's Woman by John Fowles
5. Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
6. Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson
7. The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
8. The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins
9. Mary Reilly by Valerie Martin
**Added note (11/14/10): Just finished up Mary Reilly and with that, I can now claim my M.A.! I originally planned on the B.A., so I am calling my challenge complete.