Monday, September 20, 2010

It's Monday: What Are You Reading?


It's Monday! What Are You Reading, a bookish meme hosted by Book Journey, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week. It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list. So hop on over to Journey and join in...and leave a comment here so I can check out what you're reading.


Here's mine:

Books Read Last Week (for a review click the title):
Lady Fortescue Steps Out by Marion Chesney
The Divine Comedy 1: Hell by Dante Alighieri (trans by Dorothy L Sayers)

Books I'm Reading Now:
The Divine Comedy II: Purgatory by Dante Alighieri (trans by Sayers)
Strong Poison by Dorothy L Sayers (I think I'm going to need a murder break from Dante)

Books that spark my interest this week:
The Divine Comedy III: Paradise by Dante Alighieri (trans by Sayers & Barbara Reynolds)
Madam Crowl's Ghost & Other Stories by Sheridan Le Fanu

Both of these are carry-overs from last week. Didn't get as much read as I planned.

8 comments:

Natalie~Coffee and a Book Chick said...

I'm just impressed that you're reading The Divine Comedy! You go, girl!

Bev Hankins said...

@Coffee and a Book Chick: Thanks! I'm trying....

CMash said...

Know what you mean, I have been in a reading slump and need to reverse that.
CMash

gautami tripathy said...

I am undergoing a reading slump. You did well. Have another great reading week ahead!

Here is my Mondays: Mailbox/Where Am I/Musings post.

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Looks like you are enjoying some good reading! Have a super week!

jlshall said...

I've read bits of The Divine Comedy over the years, but never the whole thing. Maybe someday...

Dorothy Sayers is one of my favorites. Hope you enjoy Strong Poison - should be a wonderful break from Dante!

Lisa said...

I have The Divine Comedy upstairs on one of my shelves, but have not read it yet. YOu are awesome for giving it a go!

Thanks for hopping by my blog, now I'm hopping by yours!

:0)

Grad said...

I've just finished The Gurnsey Literary And Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Burrows. I started Mrs. Astor Regrets by Meryl Gordon last night and will hopefully be able to begin First Among Sequels by Jasper Fforde by the end of the week. So happy I found your blog!