Monday, September 13, 2010

It's Monday: What Are You Reading?


It’s Monday! What Are You Reading, a bookish meme hosted by One Person's Journey Through a World of Books, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week. It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list. So hop on over to Journey and join in...and leave a comment here so I can check out what you're reading.

Here's mine:
Books Read Last Week (for a review click the title):Wide Sargasso Sea by Jean Rhys
Katherine by Anya Seton
The Bohemian Girl by Kenneth Cameron
The House on the Strand by Daphne Du Maurier

Finished Today:
The Thanksgiving Day Murder by Lee Harris
The Deathday Letter by Shaun David Hutchinson

The Book I'm Reading Now:
Lady Fortescue Steps Out by Marion Chesney: The unconventional life of poor relations in Regency England. Normally poor relations are shuffled around among the more prosperous of the family...often destined to be companions to demanding, elderly women. Lady Fortescue comes up with a daring plan to start a hotel run by poor relations like herself. (I'm taking a bit of a break from my more demanding reading challenges. This one will just cover my Support Your Local Library and 100+ Challenges.


Books that spark my interest this week:
Castle Dor by Daphne du Maurier & Arthur Quiller-Couch (TBR for my Daphne du Maurier Challenge): "The castle and the hills around it had seen a doomed love affair before, but the impulsive young woman and the impressionable young lad from Brittany with who she discovered a love heretofore denied her knew nothing of the past. They knew only the present--a present suddenly become alive and filled with enchantment, love, and danger."

The Divine Comedy by Dante Alighieri (TBR for my Really old Classics Challenge) The ultimate tour guide, Virgil, takes Dante (and the reader) on a tour of Hell, Purgatory, and Paradise. This has been on my personal TBR list for a loooooong time...now that I have Dorothy L Sayers' translation and a challenge to fulfill, I'll be checking it off my list.

Madam Crowl's Ghost & Other Stories by Sheridan Le Fanu (TBR for my Fall Into Reading Challenge) From Amazon: "A selection of the Le Fanu's best supernatural tales. In Stephen King style but a century earlier, Madame Crowl seems like the sweet old lady next door until she starts hovering outside upstairs windows late at night."

Not sure what I'll go for next. But I've sure got enough reading challenges going to keep me busy.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I have not heard of these, so I am off to read your reviews. I like coming across new to me books. Happy Reading! My Monday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/09/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-10.html

Audra said...

Oooh, a great reading week -- both behind and ahead of you! I just love Du Maurier!