Thursday, September 23, 2010

Booking Through Thursday


Here is this week's Booking Through Thursday questions: What are you reading right now? What made you choose it? Are you enjoying? Would you recommend it? (And by all means, discuss everything if you're reading more than one thing!)

At the moment I'm working diligently on Dante's The Divine Comedy II: Purgatory (trans by Dorothy L Sayers). I chose it for several reasons. The complete work has been on my TBR list for a looooooong time. It will help me fulfill several reading challenges (including The Fall Into Reading Challenge hosted by A Chick Who Reads and The Really Old Classics Challenge). The Divine Comedy is a difficult read for me simply because I'm not really into 14th C literature. But the translation is very good and the poetry and imagery are beautiful. So, despite the difficulty, I am enjoying it and would recommend it to anyone who enjoys the classics or good poetry.

9 comments:

CMash said...

Since I started blogging, I have seen so many that are interested in the classics. Maybe someday, I will once again, try to read one. I hope you enjoy!!
CMash
BTW Kyle did a great job on your button!!

jlshall said...

I read haven't read much "really old classic" lit since college. And I've never read the entire Divine Comedy, but mean to someday. I think it's one of those works everyone should read. Glad you're enjoying it!

Here's a look at my current reads.

Bev Hankins said...

@CMash Thanks, Kyle keeps asking me if anyone has said anything about it....I may be asking him to "fix" it a little. I've thought of an addition I'd like to make.

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Catching up with all the blogs I haven’t had a chance to visit in a while, it was good to hear all your latest news.

Tasha said...

Wow classic epicness! I've not attempted to read anything like this although I do love classic books. Hope you're enjoying it.

Forty Pound Sack said...

Goodness, you folks take on some challenges! Glad you're enjoying the trip ~

Mary Grace said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog yesterday. A little late with my visit but I'm still here. :) Anyway, heavy book. Inferno has been in my TBR pile but still can't get to them with the piling books.

Have you entered my 200 follower giveaway, if you haven't CLICK HERE.

Have a great week.

brandileigh2003 said...

You go! I can't get into the classics!


Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

Sugar and Snark said...

Glad you are enjoying it :) Not a big classic fan over here, but hey whatever floats your boat :D