Wednesday, September 8, 2010

My First Award!!

Woo Hoo! Cheryl over at CMash Loves to Read has just honored my with my very first blogging award. I'm trying very hard not to bounce all over the office. Particularly since none of my co-workers blog and they probably wouldn't understand my excitement. Thanks a bunch, Cheryl!

And here it is:

Isn't it grand?!

Now for the criteria: To accept the award you must link back and thank the person who gave you the Life is Good award, answer the 10 questions, and pass it along to 6 other blogs :-)

1. If you blog anonymously are you happy doing it that way; if you are not anonymous do you wish you had started out anonymously so you could be anonymous now? I've been full-on from the start. Books are one area of my life that I'm not shy about. So, I have no problem putting myself out there just as I am.

2. Describe one incident that shows your inner stubborn side. I think most of my family and good friends would agree that there's nothing "inner" about my stubborn side. I'm stubborn from a long line of stubborn (my dad's side of the family--and, yes, they know I say that). I'm the only who is not too stubborn to admit it. And the incidents are so common that I'm not sure I can come up with an example...

3. What do you see when you really look at yourself in the mirror? A middle-aged (can that be right?) woman who is more content with herself than she ever was in the first 30 years of her life. Very comfortable with who I am...although there's always room for improvement.

4. What is your favorite summer cold drink? Lemonade or Pink Lemonade.

5. When you take time for yourself, what do you do? Read (of course). Blog. Work on my novel. Scrapbook.

6. Is there something you want to accomplish in your life? Publish the aforementioned novel. Travel (specifically to the British Isles as well as other places). Perhaps go back to college for a Master's Degree.

7. When you attended school, were you the class clown, the class overachiever, the shy person, or always ditching? The shy, academic overachiever--always with my nose in a book.

8. If you close your eyes and want to visualize a very poignant moment in your life what would you see? Oh dear. I don't know. I don't spend a lot of time looking back. I'm more focused on the future and now. In that order, unfortunately. I should probably think more about what "is" rather than what might be coming.

9. Is it easy for you to share your true self in your blog or are you more comfortable writing posts about other people or events? Well, considering that my blog is a book-blog, I'm mostly writing about other "people" and their "events." Hopefully, I come through...with my thoughts and sense of humor...I do try to get that in there.

10. If you had the choice to sit down and read or talk on the phone, which would you do and why? Read. No contest. I hate talking on the phone....unless it's my best friends, then I can talk for hours. But I'd much rather sit down with someone in person.

Now I will pass this award on. Because I want someone to be as excited I am today. Award winners (in no particular order):

Indigo Impression

Joy's Blog

Lady Scribbles Book Lounge

Content in a Cottage

The Wormhole

Reading While Female

4 comments:

Red said...

Congrats! Well deserved award. Good luck with the novel and the travel. They both sound like excellent plans.

Lady Scribbles said...

Thanks so much~!!! I like this award because it's one of my motto's "life is good." I won't be able to post about it for a while (holiday coming up) but I just wanted to thank you right away.

Carol said...

Congrats on ur award!

carol

jlshall said...

Congrats on getting your first blog award! Many more to come, I'm sure. And thanks for passing it on to me. Life is good, indeed!