Wednesday, September 8, 2010

WWW Wednesdays: Whatcha Reading?


WWW Wednesdays is hosted by Miz B over at Should Be Reading.

To Play along, just answer the following three questions....

*What are you currently reading?
*What did you recently finish reading?
*What do you think you'll read next?





Current Read: Katherine by Anya Seton (The true and hitherto untold story of John of Gaunt, the great Duke of Lancaster, and Katherine Swynford and their love which changed English history.)










Recently Finished: Wide Sargasso Sea by Jean Rhys (click for a review)

Jean Rhys' vision of what Rochester's first wife was like before the events in Jane Eyre and what drove her to madness.






Up Next?: The Boheman Girl by Kenneth Cameron (Second in the Denton mystery series. Denton receives a letter from a young woman believing herself in danger. The letter has been delayed in delivery. Is it too late to save her? Was she really in danger?)



or The House on the Strand by Daphne Du Maurier (A haunting time travel story with history, romance, horror & suspense...set in the 14th Century)








7 comments:

Kristin said...

The Bohemian Girl looks intriguing...might have to check that one out.

Here's my WWW.

CMash said...

I have never been a fan of historical novels, but since meeting so many bloggers who enjoy them, I wish I did. Maybe one of these days I will try and read outside of my comfort zone and pick one up.
CMash

Bev Hankins said...

@CMash...Katherine is definitely out of my comfort zone. I'm not into the Medieval time period at all. But my boss & friend has recommended this to me as a good one. So far, she's right. I'm totally wrapped up in the story. The Bohemian Girl is much more my style. I'm all about the Victorian/early 20th C era.

Jackie said...

I am intrigued by Katherine, The Bohemian Girl and of course Du Maurier as her work is always a page turner for me!

My WWW at Housewife Blues and Chihuahua Stories this week


jackie ^_^

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed Katherine. When you're finished you can find my review here. I'm interested to see what you think about it! Have you read anything else by Seton? I'm about to start reading Rebecca by Du Maurier.

Here's my WWW.

CMash said...

Hi Bev:
Please stop by my blog, I have an award for you.
CMash

shaunesay said...

I thought the House on the Strand sounded intriguing, I'll be interested to see what you think, might inspire me to dig into my own copy! I did Rebecca a few years ago.

Here is the link to my WWW http://shaunesay.blogspot.com/2010/09/www-wednesdays.html