Saturday, September 11, 2010

Daphne Du Maurier Challenge


As I mentioned a couple of posts ago...I seem to be addicted to reading challenges. Just don't seem to be able to pass one up. Thanks to Rose City Reader, I have now had another one brought to my attention. Chris over at book-a-rama is hosting the Daphne du Maurier Challenge. Click on the Challenge name for full details.

Fortunately, the challenge runs until April 19, 2011 so I have plenty of time to work on this one.
I plan on signing up for the "Dreaming of Manderley" category: "Participants in this category, will read 3 of Daphne du Maurier's larger works, her novels or non-fiction. You can also count a collection of her short stories as one book." And may even try to add the "Dame Daphne (Combination)" --for those who can't decide what to read or want to read a bit of everything. Participants in this category will read or view 3 from the categories above (2 short stories count as 1 book).

At the moment I plan to read for the "
Dreaming of Manderley" category:
1.
The House on the Strand (9/12/10)
2. Castle Dor (10/5/10)
3.
Rebecca (10/8/10) (a re-read...but it's been years since I've read that classic and will relish the chance to read it again.)

Possibles for the
"Dame Daphne (Combination)":1. Jane Eyre (9/28/10) (as an "inspired by")
2. Watch
Rebecca (10/10/10) 1940s Hitchcock version
3. Rebecca's Tale (10/9/10) by Sally Beauman ("inspired by")

No comments: