SCAM artist alert

Apparently there is someone calling themself "Luigi Calloway" out there who is claiming to be associated with the Mount TBR Reading Challenge. He is contacting authors and telling them if they pay him, then their books will be used for the challenge. It's possible he's also telling people they must pay to participate in any way. Please know that there is absolutely no charge associated in any way with this reading challenge and that this person does not represent me or anything associated with my blog. There will NEVER be a reason for anyone to have to pay for participation in any way for any of my challenges. If only people who exert this much time and effort on scamming people would put it into something worthwhile....like reading their own books!

Friday, December 23, 2011

We Give Books


Karen & Gerard from Grab a Book From Our Stack just donated a book in my name to We Give Books. We Give Books is an online site that supports literacy. For every book you read online, they will donate a book to a child in Florida, Asia or Mexico--your choice. I decided to pay it forward and have already read my first book--Corduroy Lost & Found by Don Freeman. I love Corduroy--and didn't discover him until I had my son. The first Corduroy book was written in 1969--the year, *cough, cough* that I was born--but somehow I missed out on the cute little bear when I was growing up.

In this outing, Corduroy gets lost while on a search for a birthday present for his friend Lisa. He sets out to try and grab the "big yellow balloon" in the night sky and winds up being able to give her a big yellow lollipop that looks just like the "balloon" he lost.

A very cute little book.


And then I jumped back on the site and read, for old time's sake, The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats. This was one of the first books that I got through the Weekly Reader's Club way back in the Dark Ages when I was in elementary school. I loved this book. Probably because I love snow. And I loved the pictures of Peter in his little red, hooded snowsuit out in the white snow having his adventures. My favorite picture is when he makes a snow angel. I still love this book.

No comments: