Monday, December 26, 2011

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a bookish meme hosted by Book Journey. It's where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week. It's a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list. So hop on over via the link above and join in...and leave a comment here so I can check out what you are reading

Books Read (click on titles for review):
The Praise Singer by Mary Renault
Corduroy Lost & Found by Don Freeman
The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats
The Three Snow Bears by Jan Brett
The Tale of Peter Rabbit by Beatrix Potter
The Spy-Catcher Gang by John Kelly
Goodnight iPad by Ann Droid
Murder on Theatre Row by Michael Jahn
The Hat by Jan Brett

Currently Reading:
C, B. Greenfield: A Little Madness by Lucille Kallent: Spring is here...and C.B. Greenfield, publisher of the Sloan's Ford Reporter, is making beautiful music with a redheaded violinist. Their duet sounds a sour not with Greenfield's top reporter, Maggie Rome, and she cuts out for upstate to join a women's peace organization that has set up camp to protest the storing of nuclear missiles at a local military base. But surprise! The beautiful, redheaded violinist is a leader of this very group. And surprise again-Maggie finds the great Greenfield staying at the local hotel, allegedly on an unheard-of week-long vacation. Only when the leader of a pro-nuke counterprotest group disappears do Greenfield and Maggie heal their breach, and Maggie once again plays Watson to Greenfield's Sherlock-to solve a mystery with unsettling overtones for them both.


Books that spark my interest:
Lucky Jim by Kinglsey Ami
Perfect Reader by Maggie Pouncey
The Queen's Pawn by Christy English
The Heart of a Woman by Maya Angelou
(all for challenges)

7 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I must read something by Maya Angelou!

I love The Snowy Day. I read that one to my kids and grandkids.

Enjoy your week!

Here's MY MONDAY MEMES POST and
MY WEBSITE

Martha Eskuchen said...

That's a fun collection of books.
Hope you have a great last week of 2011!

dollycas aka Lori said...

The Tale of Peter Rabbit, I love it!!!

Have a great week!!

pussreboots said...

My kids have been re-reading their Jan Brett books.

I'm still on vacation but I've caught a cold. I've been too sick to get much reading done. Please come see what I'm reading.

Melissa Wiebe said...

What a great collection of books!

As a reader, I am always finding books that catch my eye! And I never have the time to read them all.

Here's my Its Monday! What Are You Reading? post.

Anonymous said...

I'll have to check some of those out. :)
Here’s my It’s Monday, What Are You Reading?. :)

The Brunette Librarian said...

The Three Snow Bears sounds cute :) Happy New Year!

http://brunettelibrarian.blogspot.com/