SCAM artist alert

Apparently there is someone calling themself "Luigi Calloway" out there who is claiming to be associated with the Mount TBR Reading Challenge. He is contacting authors and telling them if they pay him, then their books will be used for the challenge. It's possible he's also telling people they must pay to participate in any way. Please know that there is absolutely no charge associated in any way with this reading challenge and that this person does not represent me or anything associated with my blog. There will NEVER be a reason for anyone to have to pay for participation in any way for any of my challenges. If only people who exert this much time and effort on scamming people would put it into something worthwhile....like reading their own books!

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Last of the 2011 Challenges

Whew! I just made it under the wire for my last three challenges of 2011. With my last two books, I managed to read 220 books this year and that allowed me to complete both the Outdo Yourself and Goodreads Challenge goals. And...since my goal for the Get Read-y for 2012 Challenge was to read enough off the TBR stacks to meet those challenges I've completed that challenge as well. Woo Hoo! Here's the run-down of what I managed for each of these:




The reading list for the Goodreads Challenge (see side bar for my progress) and the Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge for 2011 sponsored by The Book Vixen were the same. Basically, I signed up to read more books than I finished in 2010. And I chose the

I'm on fire! --Read 16+ more books

level and wound up needing to read 220 or more books in 2011. I just made it....and if you want to see the complete list of books read, then go HERE.







In December, this challenge, hosted by Loving Books, focused on reducing the to-read books that you might have lying around, waiting for you to read them. The goal is to start 2012 with a small, manageable pile of books that will also allow you to be able to pick up new titles.

Here's my response at the time to that idea:
(Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!! Small! Manageable! Ha Ha Ha!!! Did you hear that maniacal laughter? That was me. Looking at my TBR stacks. Actually, just looking at my 2011 challenge books TBR stack. I'm *cough* *cough* supposed to read about *cough* 20 *cough* more books in ONE month if I'm going to meet the Outdo Yourself Challenge. Um, yeah. That's gonna happen.)

I actually DID manage to read enough books...some of them just came from different piles than anticipated, so I didn't list those books here. But I met the Outdo challenge, so mission accomplished.

December Reads from the TBR pile:
1. In the Teeth of the Evidence by Dorothy L Sayers (12/4/11)
2. The Habit of Widowhood by Robert Barnard (12/4/11)
3.
The Club Dumas by Arturo Pérez-Reverte (12/5/11)
4. Electric City by K. K. Beck (12/6/11)
5. More Holmes for the Holidays by Greenberg, Lellenberg, & Waugh, eds (12/7/11)
6. The Life & Adventures of Santa Claus by L. Frank Baum (12/10/11)
7. An Incomplete Revenge by Jacqueline Winspear (12/12/11)
8. A Christmas Guest by Anny Perry (12/13/11)
9. That Hideous Strength by C. S. Lewis (12/17/11)
10. The Praise Singer by Mary Renault (12/20/11)
11. Murder on Theatre Row by Michael Jahn (12/24/11)
12. C. B. Greenfield: A Little Madness by Lucille Kallen (12/26/11)
13. The Chinese Bell Murders by Robert Van Gulik (12/30/11)
14. Beware of Trains by Edmund Crispin (12/30/11)

And...being an overachiever...I also used the Van Gulik book to finish reading the complete alphabet in mystery authors for the A-Z Mystery Author Challenge. I had already met my goal (first third of the alphabet), but as a private challenge I wanted to see if I could do the whole thing. Done!

Oh...and seeing as I finished a grand total of 33 out of 36 challenges attempted (two are perpetual, so no fail there--only one was limited to 2011), that means that I have completed the Reading Challenge Addict Challenge level of 16+ as well!

No comments: