Sunday, December 4, 2011

English Music....Not my kind of tune


Just a brief post to say that English Music by Peter Ackroyd is going into the Did Not Finish stack. I'm not feeling it...I'm struggling through it and it's not worth the effort. I'm in the middle of the first of Timothy's really bizarre dreams and even being an English major and getting all the references isn't making it pertinent for me. So...given the fact that I really need to step up the reading pace if I'm going to complete any more challenges this year, I'm kissing English Music good-bye. On to the next book in the pile...

2 comments:

JLS Hall said...

Sorry to hear that you couldn't finish this one (but thanks for the warning). I've got it on my list for next year, but I've had trouble with Ackroyd's books in the past. I think I was mostly attracted to the cover in this case!

Bev Hankins said...

Joy: You're welcome. The blurb really grabbed me when I saw it on the shelf at the Library bookstore....It just isn't living up to it.