Thursday, December 29, 2011

Theme Thursday: Old


Hosted by Reading Between the Pages

Rules
*A theme will be posted each week on Thursday
*Select a conversation/snippet/sentence from your current book that features the theme
*Post it and don't forget to mention the author and title of the book
*Event is open for the whole week
*Link back to Reading Between the Pages


This week's theme is OLD (worn out, torn, past, etc).


Here's mine from The Chines Bell Murders by Robert Van Gulik (p. 76):

"May it please Your Honour to peruse these documents. Nowadays my old brain is so confused that I cannot think clearly for more than a few moments. I could never give you a consecutive account of the terrible wrong that myself and my family have suffered! Your Honour will find everything in those documents."

Leaning back in her chair she started weeping again.

Judge Dee ordered Sergeant Hoong to give her a cup of strong tea and then unwrapped the package. It contained a thick roll of documents, yellowed by age and long use.


6 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Ah, yes, sometimes I can relate to that "old brain"- lol

Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

Elizabeth said...

I feel for her...That would be so hard...Good one.

Thanks for stopping by.

Yvonne said...

I know about those "old brain" things :)

Great snippet this week!

Tea said...

I am beginning to feel for any person with an old brain.

srivalli said...

Liked your snippet. Thanks for stopping by!

kavyen said...

I like your snippet cos I can totally relate to the old brain thingie :)

Have a wonderful year ahead Bev..