Saturday, December 3, 2011

Best Crime Fiction 2011


Kerrie over at Mysteries in Paradise wants to know: What are the best reads in crime fiction for 2011? It may be a tad early to make pronouncements because, hey, the killer-read for the year might be just around the corner, but I'm going to put together my "Best of" list now and reserve the right to tweak it a bit if an absolutely awesome crime novel gets read in December.


She's collecting your picks in two ways:
  • If you write a post on your own blog that lists your best crime fiction reads, then you can simply add the URL to the Mr Linky on her site (click above) and she will visit your site and collect the titles.
  • Your alternative is to add your list as a comment to her post (or the reminder posts that she'll create later in the month)
You choose how many titles are in your list - She'll accept any number of titles up to 20. (you might like to decide a cut off point in your ratings)

Please feel free to use the icon on your blog post, to advertise the meme, and encourage others to add their contributions to this page.

Here's the Best of My Reader's Blog Picks 2011:

1. What Alice Knew: A Most Curious Tale of Henry James and Jack the Ripper by Paula Marantz Cohen. (5 stars)
2. Shroud of Darkness by E. C. R. Lorac (5 stars)
3. Gaudy Night by Dorothy L Sayers (5 stars)
4. India Black & the Widow of Windsor by Carol K Carr (4 1/2 stars)
5. Cordially Invited to Meet Death by Rex Stout (4 1/2 stars)
6. Death in the Garden by Elizabeth Ironside (4 1/2 stars)
7. Ten Little Herrings by L. C. Tyler (4 1/2 stars)
8.
The Chinese Orange Mystery by Ellery Queen (4 1/2 stars)
9.
An Author Bites the Dust by Arthur W Upfield (4 1/2 stars)
10. The Man on the Balcony by Maj Sjöwall and Per Wahlöö (4 stars)
11. A Graveyard to Let by Carter Dickson (4 stars)
12.
The Girl in the Green Raincoat by Laura Lippmann (4 stars)
13. The Shortest Way to Hades by Sarah Caudwell (4 stars) 

14. Dancers in Morning by Margery Allingham (4 stars)
15. The Leavenworth Case by Anna Katharine Green (4 stars)

3 comments:

Marce said...

I saw this post too, I'm thinking about my ten. I like your 7 and 10 have considered them. I'll do my list next week I think.

Kerrie said...

Many thanks Bev. I've only read 2 of those, so lots for me to hunt down

Debbie Rodgers said...

Ah - The Chinese Orange: an excellent EQ!

Oddly enough, I haven't read any of the others so lots to add to my wish list!