|Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish|
Top Ten Tuesday is an original bookish meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week a new top ten topic is posted for followers to write about. This week we are considering our Top Ten Books I Could Read Again for the First Time.
There are some books that are so magical that you just read them over and over. But no matter how good they are and how re-readable they are, there is nothing like that first time. If only we could relive that initial read; meet those character for the first time; enjoy the author's prose as we did when we first encountered it. Now that would truly be magical. Here are my picks:
1. Any Lord Peter Wimsey by Dorothy L Sayers
2. The Daughter of Time by Josephine Tey
3. The Hound of the Baskervilles by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
4. Ten Little Indians (aka And Then There Were None) by Agatha Christie
5. Paradise News by David Lodge
6. Brightness Falls from the Air by James Tiptree, Jr.
7. The Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury (or The Illustrated Man or Fahrenheit 451)
8. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
9. The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
10. The Complete French Poems by Rainer Maria Rilke